Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Thanks !!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member squigglefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just wanted to come back here and thank the great guys who helped me in my quest for info on the Altec Lansing 417-8H speaker I was looking for. I found one, in an amp on eBay. Got the whole package for $50 + shipping! It's a 1972 perfectly mint condition, barely even used!!


    Thanks to David Deratany, Steven Burger, Don McRitchie, Ron... Anyone else I forgot.

    Anyway, this probably seems goofy and you probably don't even remember me but just wanted to thank you all because you were absolutely the most helpful bunch of people on the web out of all the several message boards I posted on about this speaker.
    forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member squigglefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well, let me add what I love about this speaker so far.

    Smoother high end than my previous speaker (an EV 12L), much smoother. Is that the AlNiCo? I have read the alnico "gives" in a nice way. Still amazing clarity, doesn't sound too boxy with distorted tones. It weighs 5 Lbs less than the EV did! It handles 100 watts RMS! Yes I run it solo though a 85 watt rms tube amp for guitar amplification. I know that's nothing hi-fi or too technical but you guys can appreciate the quality of these speakers with me!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member squigglefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2003
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    here's a nice pic of the speaker:

    altec

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.